The industries, companies, and people SEMI represents are the architects of the electronics revolution. SEMI members are responsible for the innovations and technologies that enable smarter, faster, more powerful, and more affordable electronic products and devices that bring the power of the digital age to more people every day.
And not just in semiconductors. The science used to make microchips is enabling advances in performance and cost reduction in solar cells, solid state lighting, fuel cells, micro-machines, and other emerging technologies.
SEMI helps our members grow by supporting new market development in the following ways:
- Bringing buyers, sellers, scientists and engineers of advanced technology together at SEMICON events and other SEMI events
- Advancing Best Practices and lessons-learned on how to scale “from lab to fab”
- Enabling new markets development through industry roadmaps and standards
- Representing SEMI members before government and regulatory authorities
- Providing market research and industry information to inform SEMI members on emerging market opportunities
Important emerging market opportunities enabled by the equipment and materials of SEMI member companies include:
- Printed, large area, and organic electronics for displays, touch screens, solar energy, memory and logic. Our strategic association partner, FlexTech provides information into this sector.
- The MEMS and sensors sectors continue to grow quickly and add new capabilities across the electronics foodchain. Read more at our strategic association partners MSIG.
- Power semiconductor devices made from silicon, silicon carbide and sapphire substrates to support solar energy and storage, the Smart Grid, electric vehicles and other renewable energy applications.
- Thin film technologies for next generation batteries, fuel cells, and other clean energy applications.
- Health and medical electronics for drug delivery, discovery, production, and monitoring applications. Check out NBMC for SEMI's activity in this area.
For more information on how SEMI can help expand markets and support the development of new technologies, contact firstname.lastname@example.org